Saturday, July 13, 2013

Two years ago...

I went to Carterville Park to play Ultimate Frisbee, like I had been doing for the past month and a half or so. I was unusually happy and extra-super friendly, and high on life. I played like a rockstar, and talked to the random people on my team. Guys and girls alike, and it came to my attention that there were some rather nice guys on my team! This may seem like a weird thing to note, but when guys are nice to girls while they are playing a game together in which they may or may not lose... yeah, it's a big deal. And there were many guys on that field who were just downright rude, so I made a point to keep conversating (yes, I know that's not a word) with the guys on my team.

And when the game was over and everyone was heading home, I realized that I locked my keys in my car. Carly took me home to get my spare, and I was telling her about the guys on my team, and we both decided that we should get their numbers, if we saw them on our way back to the park, so that we could invite them to the big party we were having in the canyon that weekend. (Which I have no proof of, and spent the last 20 minutes trying to find even ONE picture from that night... nothing.)((But we do have this video that was taken at Denny's after we got kicked out of the park))

On our tiny drive back up to the park, guess who we found walking back to their apartment? Cody, his roommate Aaron, and a few other girls. So we pulled up, told them about our party, and asked if they would like to go. Cody got my number, texted me, and I gave him the info for the party. Then he invited me and Carly over to play volleyball that night with some people from his apartment complex, which we excitedly accepted!

Who would have known that a week and a half later, we'd be "officially dating"...
Or that a week after that, we'd say "I love you"...
And yet another week and a half later we'd be talking about marriage.

(I know, we're one of those couples that you think is ABSOLUTELY out of their minds for even thinking about marriage so soon. And no, I never in my entire life thought I'd be one of "those couples".  But hey, it worked for us.)

And now, we've been married for a year and a half, happy as can be, loving every second of our lives together.

So, shout out to those that organized the Ultimate Frisbee gig, because you brought a couple together(:

I LOVE YOU CODY!!
At Carterville Park on my birthday, after saying "I love you" to each other.

1 comment:

  1. I love cute love stories and I love you guys! I'm so happy you found each other. :)

    ReplyDelete