Saturday, July 27, 2013

24th of July

Because July 24th is a holiday in Utah, Cody and I went up to his parents' house to celebrate! We watched some old TV shows while waiting for Austin and Brady (TV shows such as Rhoda, I Dream Of Jeannie, The Dick Van Dyke Show <hilarious!!, and one more that I can't remember) and I forgot how much I love old TV shows! They always remind me of really fun times with my Dad! Then we ate some incredibly good pork chops for dinner, and afterwards, we all climbed up onto their roof to watch the fireworks. Also, I just realized that this is the third year in a row that I've done that with them!! It's a tradition for them any time there's fireworks, and it's the coolest thing! You'll have to try it next time there's fireworks where you live!

Anyways, I got a few pictures from the night!! Brian got some REALLY awesome fireworks that scared the piddle out of me!! I almost fell off the roof (because I was close to the edge trying to get pictures of him, since he always seems to avoid them) and it was rather scary, but funny!





Dex was doing much better this time than on the 4th! He wasn't as nervous, and was actually watching all of the fireworks instead of hiding under our chairs! Possibly because we weren't on chairs this time...

Brian being the master of fireworks.. He decided to start the used ones on fire to lessen the clean up.


I was super impressed with how well my little Point and Shoot camera caught the fireworks!
It was such a great night and I'm so excited to continue this tradition every year!! Happy day of the pioneers moving to Utah all those years ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment