Friday, July 26, 2013

I made a skirt!

Cody's sister, Alysa, is getting married on August 2nd!! She's getting married to Nate, who is Samoan, and she wanted her in-laws (me) to wear something that would match the rest of the family. So I was given these two fabrics 

and told to make something.. HUGE INTIMIDATION! But I was excited to take on the task!! I knew I wanted to make a skirt, rather than a dress, so I looked on Pinterest for a while and found this one that I thought would be cute. But of course, like all my other sewing projects, I got so intimidated that I let the fabric sit on my desk FOREVER until I either get asked what's going on with it, or I'm just so sick of not having it done. I'd had this fabric for about a month, and didn't work on it until Trina asked if I had any extra fabric that I could give back to her.. Whoops!! So I hurried and made it in a few hours. Why didn't I just do that in the first place?!

Anyways, here's what I came up with!

Front


Back

Please don't mind the crazy hair and lack of make-up...  I was in serious sewer mode all day.
Not too shabby, huh? The bow is actually two pieces. I made the sash so that I just have to tie it in a single knot, and then the bow just gets pinned on. I was in a super lazy mood apparently, but it works! I also added a zipper on the side that I didn't take a picture of, but it looks dang good! 

You guys! Check me out! I'm sewing legit things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment