Friday, March 22, 2013

Running Update

Last week I had said that I was planning on training on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (so that Cody could finally come with me!). Well, I went on Tuesday and Thursday, but my calves/shins were absolutely killing me. I could barely walk. So I went to the running store closest to my house and asked what the heck was going on. He was an imbecile and I don't think he knew what he was talking about. But he told me to roll out my calves and ice the part that hurt (which was helpful!) so I tried, but still nothing. I decided to take a few days off and let the pain go down a little bit, and hopefully let the soreness work itself out (with me rolling and icing still). Well, Monday rolls along, and I have a sore throat. A really sore throat. For the past little while, I'd wake up with a sore throat and think nothing of it because it'd be gone within a few hours.

Not this time.. It kept hurting all day!! So I had cough drops as my constant companion. The next day it was worse. Which meant I was REALLY sick. I haven't been sick in about a year and a half!! (which, is a record for me!!) (Remember the last time I was sick?) Anyways, long story short, I'm still sick, but it's worse. I'm coughing up a storm, my throat feels like it's torn into shreds, and yesterday morning I sounded like Marcel.



Cody kept asking me to say things that Marcel says, and he was laughing like crazy.

So I've been ingesting dayquil like it's my job, sucking on cough drops, and sleeping a lot more than normal!! I'm staying home from Preschool today so I don't spread this dumb cold.

And to get back onto the original topic of my "running update", I read on Sharsti's running blog that it's better to rest while you're sick than try and run, and for once I decided to follow that advice. (I'm normally running around like crazy while I'm sick, making my sickness last FOREVER!) So it's been a week since I've run, but don't give up on me!! I still have every bit of excitement about running, so as soon as I kick this cold, I'LL BE OUT THE DOOR AND TRAINING AGAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment