Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mini Book of Lists


I was originally inspired to do something like this a few years ago when I saw this, but I just never got around to it. My mom gave me some old coasters that she thought I could use to make a book, and that was probably 4 or 5 years ago too.. so this book should have been done a million times by now! But, I'm glad I waited, because now I have Cody's opinions in here too!


So I started out with beer and shrimp coasters and a home improvement magazine! I went through this magazine about a year and a half ago, and marked the pages that I thought would make good backgrounds for my lists. Well, my tastes have changed since then, so I ended up looking through the entire thing again and choosing completely different pictures!

I thought about choosing pictures that went along with my lists, but that would have been too much work, plus I only had one magazine, so I wasn't sure that I'd be able to find all of them in this one magazine. Then I talked to Cody and we came up with the lists, wrote down our ideas, and I put the whole thing together!

Here's the book! I chose to make a simple marking to tell who was saying what by just drawing tiny stick figures of a boy and girl on each page.





It's nice and short with only five lists, and I'm glad that I only had 6 coasters to keep it this simple!
I am super happy with how this turned out! I'm also really excited that this is something that I can take further, and make another book in about a year or so to see the changes in our thoughts and lives. I also love that this was an -almost- free project (minus the magazine that I bought a couple years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment