Sunday, April 28, 2013

Oh, weekends (:

FRIDAY
Friday was the start of our weekend, as usual, and it started off by getting happy news that Kaylee had her baby boy!! Paxon Jeffrey Richardson, 7lb 9oz. He's so cute!! I am flying out to Arizona on Wednesday and get to stay until Monday! My mom is there right now, so I'm excited to see her too!

After hearing that news, we went out to eat with a couple of Cody's high school buddies and their wives. Brett and Alissa and Spencer and Mirisha (just married last week!). We went out to eat at DP Cheesesteaks, and if you haven't been there before, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISSING OUT! It was honestly one of the best things I've ever eaten. It's about $7 a person if you get a meal, but only like $5ish without the meal and just the sandwich. But we had a blast talking, getting to know Mirisha, and eating delicious food. Afterwards, we headed over to Trafalga for some mini-golf and batting cages. Since we bought the pass of all passes, it was free for us! Let me just say, I was doing so well for the first 10 holes or so! My score was +2!! I wanted to get a picture of all of us, but forgot. But I did get a picture of Cody in the batting cages!

I'm pretty sure Cody would live here if I'd let him. He was telling me that before I knew him, he would stop by the batting cages everyday after school and just hit all night long until they closed. HE LOVES BASEBALL!
SATURDAY
Yesterday was so wonderful! I love being able to be with Cody every second of the day. We decided to hike up Stewart Falls. We had both been there before, but it had been a long time for both of us (Cody- since 5th grade, me-since 2010). So we brought our little puppy with us and had such a wonderful time on the trail, and it was so peaceful and beautiful! We didn't encounter people until the last tiny bit of the stretch before the actual falls, so the whole time was spent enjoying the beautiful world and talking our little hearts out. We absolutely love being outside and have missed it so much!!



Can you find me? *Hint- I'm the one "in" the water!



 There was a little bit of snow close to the falls, but the weather was so warm and sunny that I didn't even care! It was such a dream to be able to be up there!
Dex was our fearless leader on the way back down the hike.. He loved exploring and sniffing everything. 

We ended the night by going to Spencer and Mirisha's open house in Highland, and it was good to see them again before they head back to Idaho for school. 

SUNDAY
Today was so peaceful! Cody and I slept in, like we do every weekend, then ate some yummy blueberry waffles and bacon. Then we got ready for church and had a lovely walk over there. I love living so close to our meeting house!!! I was feeling the spirit so strongly today, and loved the talks on The Family: A Proclamation to the World. For the closing song we sang, "Families Can Be Together Forever" and I was tearing up because I'm so blessed to have found my eternal companion, be living such a wonderful life, and to be know the truthfulness of the gospel. Then onto Primary, where I started teaching one of our Mother's Day songs! It was called, "My Mother Dear" and I had them do simple body movement/signs to get them to remember the lyrics.

"Like sunshine in the morning that wakens day from night,
Like flowers in the springtime so colorful and bright,
Like happy songs of bluebirds that fill the air with cheer,
A person bright and lovely is my mother dear."
This song also made me tear up because I miss my Mom. Good thing I get to see her in 3 days! Once the kids were more familiar with the song, we played this game, and it was really fun! They were all very engaged, and loved it!

Once we got home, I made some lasagna, and then we headed over to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather. We played Yahtzee, layed around, and even colored a little bit!

If I had to rate this weekend, I'd give it two thumbs up (: Excited for this next week, and send a few prayers our way that Cody's 2 interviews go well tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment