Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More paintings!

I've had this picture up in my house and apartments for a long time. At least 3 years, maybe more.. Actually I think it's more like 4 years. 

Kaylee and I bought it at some craft store with a cheap-o frame, and it's been wonderful in every place it's been. Just a random, but good looking picture. Well, just a few days ago, Cody mentioned that it freaks him out every time he looks at it. Not like he's going to pee his pants or anything, but he just thinks those guys are stupid. So then I thought to myself, "why do we still have it hanging up?" And then I thought, "I should just turn the picture around, and use the back as a blank canvas for whatever I feel like painting."

And today, I did just that.

I've been looking for a really cool looking black and white painting to do, but had no clue what I wanted or where I'd put it.

Whilst browsing Pinterest for months and months, I found these rad paintings, and ended up recreating the last one. We'll see if I make room in our house for me to paint the rest of them (; 





How cool is the wall behind the painting?? I'd die if Cody would actually let me paint a wall like that!!



I found some metallic silver paint, and decided to give it a try. And when it first touched the paper, I knew it was a bad idea.

So I just painted thicker black lines.

And I'm officially in love with it.


I also realized that I never put a picture up of the tree painting with the teal bird, and I never showed what I did with the other canvas. So here they both are.

I love painting! I'm so glad Cody lets me do whatever I want with decorating, and that I've been able to do it on a budget (recreating all of the cool things I see instead of buying them). I'm just loving our little house more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment