Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Moment I Want to Remember.

I was reading a post of Ashley's from The Shine Project, and I don't know
how I came across it, because it was from the end of last year. But she really
 made me think about how important it is to write down the little moments because
 they mean so much. And to actually document it instead of saying
 "Aw, that was cute.. I'll remember that." So that is exactly
 what I'm going to do right now.

And this is most likely not going to be as cute to you as it is to me, and it might 
be a "you-had-to-be-there" kind of a thing. Oh well. I'm 
writing this for me, not for you (;

First "Date" - July 23, 2011
Today has just been great since Cody got home from work. He normally doesn't 
work on Saturday's, but they were really behind on their schedule 
so he went in to help. Anyways, we ate some yummy dinner and had 
Karson and Dallin over to play Killer Bunnies, and they are just a hoot 
(haha.. my Mom would say something like that) and it was so much fun! 
We love that game.. it's so dumb and weird, but awesome.

Anyways, once they left, Cody and I were trying to decide how to rearrange 
our front room because with our tree gone, we have a HUGE empty space. 
Well, we had moved the couches so they were facing each other with 
the coffee table in-between, but we moved the coffee table back into 
the other room, so now we just had the two couches right across
 from each other. So we're sitting there talking about our front room and 
then I thought about what to do for our primary class since it's our last 
week of being their teacher. When all of a sudden, Cody starts moving his legs
really fast, so I tried, and I couldn't do it as fast. Then he started moving his 
arms really fast, and was just being awfully goofy. Which I love, because he usually
comes home really exhausted from work and we don't get in goofy
moods as much lately, so it was just fun to see him like that
again (: He was saying really random and funny things too, but I can't
remember them, but I do remember that I was crying because I was 
laughing so much.
On our honeymoon in Mexico - January 26, 2012
After a while of not moving our furniture around, it was really late and I wanted 
to make PINK chocolate chip cookies for our primary class, so I finally got up, went 
into the kitchen and turned on my Rascal Flatts Pandora station and started 
getting the ingredients for cookies. Well the first song that came on was
"I'm Movin On" by Rascal Flatts, and if you don't listen to the words, 
it's a perfect slow dancing song. 

Cody was walking into the kitchen after he fell asleep on the couch, but I 
snatched him and started slow dancing. Which that in itself is a big/cute deal, 
because Cody doesn't dance. (Although he does a mean "Gangnam Style" ;)
It wasn't until the end that we listened to the lyrics, and heard the
"I'm Movin On" part of the song, which we just laughed about, and when the 
song was over, he took Dexter out to the bathroom. Right as he 
walked outside, our wedding song came on. So I paused it, waited
for him to come back inside, and we slow danced in our kitchen for the whole song 
while I was still in my apron with cookie dough all over me.

First dance as Man and Wife - Brad Paisley's THEN - January 21, 2012
And it was one of the happiest, tiny moments of our married life. 

Of course there have been a TON of other happy tiny moments while we've
been together, but I didn't write very many of them down. 

I want to remember this day. I want to remember how
in love with this man I am right now.

We're less than a month away from our 1 year anniversary, and 
I've never been so happy with anyone in my life. I don't know why
people say the first year of marriage is the hardest, because it has been
so wonderful! Of course we haven't had any others to compare it to, but if
this is supposed to be the hardest year, BRING ON THE REST!
He makes me smile when I'm sad, still gives me butterflies every time he
touches me, or kisses me, or even looks at me (: He holds me tightly when I'm crying, 
gives THEE most thoughtful gifts, does ANYTHING he possibly can to make me happy, 
puts up with my moody-ness/ emotional needs, and he loves me no matter what.

He deserves a big reward because honestly, I can be a pain in the butt. But he keeps
telling me how happy he is with me, so I guess we've got a good thing goin' for us (:

2 comments:

  1. Shaylin--I just found your blog through Sharsti's blog! Love it love it!

    Congratulations on your marriage and coming up on your 1 year! The early years go by SO fast. This post was so sweet. What precious memories to remember.

    ReplyDelete