So on Saturday, I was talking to Cody and was rather frustrated about the results, especially since I was expecting better results a lot earlier. I expressed that I wanted to throw it out the window and just hop in the shower and use more shampoo than ever before, but I decided to post on that Facebook group and ask for help. I was given the advice to boil the water that I was using for the baking soda/water mixture and the vinegar/water mixture, as hard water tends to get in the way of good results. So Sunday morning, I started boiling water and mixing my cooking ingredients in, and washed my hair. I had such high hopes!! I wanted it so badly, and this seemed like the only thing left I could do to get my hair back to "normal".
And honestly, it did make a difference, but not a very big one. I was told to let my hair air dry before I even brushed it, and this is what it looked like after the air drying.
|Almost socially acceptable.. I went to church like this.|
|I'm really grateful I couldn't see the back of my head all day, because it looked worse than I thought it did.|
|Please excuse my nap face.|
I'm really glad that I tried this new thing, and I'm extremely proud of myself for sticking to it for as long as I have, since I kind of consider myself the queen of quitting. This has definitely been a learning experience for me, but I can't wait to have pretty hair again! I'll keep you updated on what happens in the next two week!