Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I have a confession...

and I might have said it on here before, and maybe you already know this about me, but...

I am really really emotional, and I cry all the time.

It'll be at the most random of things, or the most sentimental things. I'll tear up when I see a dad dancing with his daughter, seeing a truck getting towed, watching a movie, seeing someone trip, hearing a really well sung song, or seeing someone else cry. If I had to make a guess at how many times a day I get choked up, tear up, or actually start crying, I'd say it's at least 10.. And that's everyday. I always thought I was a wuss for being so emotional and that I should just learn to keep it in, but I saw this the other day, and I love it!!


Over the last few years, I've really changed my thoughts about "being emotional" and embraced it more fully. I love who I am, and I love that I can sympathize with other people and what they're going through. I love that I get really into stories, and I love that I know how to be sensitive about other's emotions because mine are so strong. So what if people see me cry?! So what if I cry during someone else's testimony, and I'm the only one in the whole church crying?! I'd rather cry than not, because I've been on the other side, where I'm bearing my testimony or telling a story and I'm bawling, but no one else is.. and sometimes it just feels really good when I see someone else crying because I know that someone else is feeling at least a portion of what I'm trying to portray. 

So there you have it. I cry all the time, and I'm not afraid to hide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment