Monday, May 27, 2013

(Almost) The whole month of May in one post!

So it's been a while and so much has happened! I went to visit my sister and her new baby at the beginning of the month and we didn't do much while I was there, but can you blame me?!
 I had these two rascals playing every second of the day keeping us well entertained, and then
this adorable little boy to hold and take pictures of. I LOVE HIM!! He's so tiny and precious (: I was very sad to leave, but happy to be back with my awesome husband!!

On the way home from the airport, Cody and I were talking about random things here and there, and then ended up talking about The Five Love Languages (because I was looking through the book the night before). I was saying that my language of love was probably acts of service like cleaning and helping out around the house. Well, of course he didn't know that beforehand, but yet I came home to a perfectly spotless house, and a completed brick pathway from our carport to back door!!! I was so surprised, because when I was talking to him on the phone earlier that day, he was saying he didn't do much cleaning around the house and he wasn't able to get people together to finish the brick path.. Little tricker!!

This may not look very clean, but trust me.. it was a million times worse before!!





It was oh so very good to be with Cody again!!

Then a few days later, we decided to sell our blue couch and Cody's bass guitar and amp, so we put them on KSL and sold them within 3 days! It was super awesome, especially since we never used our blue couch (or the room it was in) because we just used the room with the red couches when anyone came over. I was really excited to re-arrange the room, as this is something we do in our house quite frequently!

Here's the blog post of what it looked like before the rearranging, and as you can see, it is SO VERY CLUTTERED AND CROWDED! And here's what it looks like now!







I love how open it feels, and I'm hoping to add quite a few more plants.. I'M OBSESSED!! And if you're super observant and memorize all of our pieces of furniture and where we put them, you'll realize that we moved the TV out of the craft room and took the big armoire thing out of the front room, so naturally we had to rearrange the front room too. Which we did, but it's so bare!! I'm not going to post pictures until I am happy with it, which is not right now. But hopefully soon!

And right now, Cody, Dexter and I are in Wyoming with Shaun and Melody (my brother-in-law and sister-in-law) and Cody's doing a lot of work for them. We're just enjoying the relaxation and I'm planning quite a few preschool lessons!!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment