Monday, February 18, 2013

I'm feeling very blessed lately.

(This was written/meant to be posted last Tuesday, Feb. 12th)
I have such an amazing life, and I definitely take it for granted.

Last night Cody and I had our first FHE in a while. We bought these mugs from the dollar store a while ago and were going to draw on them with permanent markers and make them really cute, but then I got nervous and didn't know what I wanted to put on it, so we ended up reading an article from the most recent Ensign (or at least the most recent one we received) called "Stand By My Servant Josheph Smith" and it was so good! Not gonna lie, it's been a while since I've read an Ensign or been regular on scripture study, so feeling the spirit so strong just felt so good. It was a great article, so read it if you haven't already.

Right before we went to bed, we decided to get out our old journals and read to each other. He started from the day he went into the MTC and I started back in 1999. Quite the difference in reading. But it was really neat to hear about his life before I met him. And especially right when he went into the MTC. We haven't really talked about that first part of his mission before, just some experiences he's had during his mission. And he was able to actually remember the feelings he had when he was there! The happy moments, the sad moments, moments where he missed his mom so much, and it's just so cool to be able to "experience" this with him all over again.

On the flip side, my journal consisted of the furby I got, named Candy, trips to my Mom's house, and a very extensive entry about one of my birthdays. Oh, to be 9 again.

This past year has been so wonderful being married to the sweetest, most amazing man on the earth. We have fallen more in love than I ever thought possible, and have grown so much. We've learned a TON about each other, and we've learned to deal with our differences and adapt them in a way that fits us both, and I really am so excited to spend eternity with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment