Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Ty - 7 weeks

(June 6-12, 2014)
Baby boy, you are so wonderful! You are the cutest little tiny thing I've ever seen! I am absolutely loving watching you grow! Here are some things that you've been doing this past week!

You are staying awake more times during the day! Instead of being awake once during the day and once at night, you have started waking up about 3 or 4 times during the day! I love seeing you so alert and attentive!

YOU SMILED AT ME! I didn't catch a picture of it, but you were looking right at me, I called you my cute boy, and you smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen! Immediately afterward, you went back to your little scowl/stare and didn't smile again until the next day or so. I love your many facial expressions!!
When you get hungry, you love sucking on a pacifier until you actually get fed, but if I'm not fast enough to put the pacifier in your mouth, you start sucking on your fingers/whole hands. It's adorable! You don't quite have the control to keep your hands in your mouth though, so you get really frustrated when your hand decides to move out of your mouth!

Baby boy, you finally slept for 5 1/2 hours straight! You aren't the best sleeper and usually require me to hold you in order for you to sleep, but you slept in your bed for 5 1/2 hours, and my goodness, it was amazing! Keep it up, alright?

You are still always holding onto something with your tiny fists! The more hungry you get, the tighter your grip gets!

You are still pretty small, so as far as clothing goes, you still fit in newborn clothes and diapers. Carters brand clothes run smaller than all of the other brands that we have, so those newborn onesies are getting a little bit tight.. which means you're growing!

Speaking of you growing, you are getting chunky! You've got little puffy cheeks that I love poking, and instead of wrinkles on your arms and legs, you've traded them for rolls! I love watching you grow, and you've got some pretty adorable clothes to wear once you get bigger, so I'm excited for that as well!

Dexter is becoming more aware of you these days! If you're in your bouncer and start crying, Dexter will run over to you, then look up at me with his ears flat against his head as if to ask, "What's wrong with him, Mom?" It's adorable! He is always wanting to lick your head, hands, feet, and smell your bum (:
Being your momma is the best thing I've ever done. I'm so glad that you chose me to be your mom and that we can be on this crazy adventure together! Please be patient with me as I try to decipher what you want from your one form of communication: crying. I'm doing my best, bud, I promise! I love you to the moon, but further!

-Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment