Saturday, September 14, 2013

Journaling

I struggle so badly with journaling, it's not even funny. I often justify not writing in an actual paper journal by saying that this blog is my Martin journal that documents most of the important things in my life, but I'm not doing it daily. When my little sister Jaycee was in town, she was looking for journals and one of them had daily prompts in them. I loved the idea but I didn't want to spend 20 bucks on it. So I went to trusty ol' pinterest and looked upjournal prompts and found a set that I could answer a different question everyday for a wwhole year! For free too! I started doing these daily on August 5th, and I've done 34 out of the 40 days so far.

I bought this journal about 700 years ago (actually about 3 years ago) because look how cute it is!

But I only wrote in it a total of 9 times. That's not putting this adorable journal to enough use, which is why I chose this one to hold my daily writings. I have been loving it so far!  I love that the questions are not the normal "what did you do today?" questions, but that they're weird and allow me to answer questions that I normally wouldn't.


These are the questions for September that I'm trying to stay caught up on. I usually try to fill a whole page with my answer, but sometimes I run out of things to write so they end up looking like this:


Anyways, if you're struggling with journaling and want to get better, try this approach!  And if something noteworthy happened that day and you don't want to answer the assigned question, it's your freaking journal! Do whatever the heck you want! Like thee day that our car hit 123456 miles, you bet I didn't answer the question for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment