Saturday, July 20, 2013

Food. (Mainly a revelation about Strawberry Oatmeal!)

Food is obviously essential to everyone. I hate trying to decide what to eat, and it's a daily problem with me. Lately I've been eating Cream of Wheat with toast, toast with cinnamon and sugar on it, or cereal. But a girl can get pretty dang sick of the same three things for breakfast! So, I bought Strawberry Oatmeal. Which I love. But, this box was different, in such a happy way!! I opened up the box and grabbed a packet, and was just about to reach into my drawer with the measuring cups, when I actually read what was on the packet. And just in case you don't have a packet with you, I took a picture of it to show you.
The packet has a fill line.. Why you may be asking? That's what I said too. But then I realized, YOU CAN JUST PUT THE MILK IN THE PACKET INSTEAD OF IN A MEASURING CUP! Now, for those of you that don't have a dish washer and have to wash measuring cups by hand, it can be a pain. Especially when you're like me and mainly use a small round scrubber with a handle on it. Because that scrubber can fit into the 1Cup, but the others, I have to get out a sponge. ANYWAYS, I tested it out. I always wondered why the inside of the packet was silky feeling and a little more thick than most packaging, but now I know. It's to hold the milk without leaking. 

Moral of the story, I no longer have to dirty an extra dish. I just need the packet, my bowl, and some milk. SUCH a happy discovery(:

On another note, I made this homemade pizza for dinner. I use this pizza dough recipe, and it's the best one I've found (and trust me, I've tested a LOT in the past year and a half! Also, follow all her tips, they make SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE in the outcome of the pizza!)
It has alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, bacon bits (real), and fresh parmesan cheese. And I honestly have to say it's the best I've made so far!! One of my favorite things, besides the taste of it, was the crispy bottom of the pizza! In that post, Annie tells you to heat up the pizza stone with the oven, and then make sure there's cornmeal on the bottom of the pizza before it cooks, and that does the trick! It starts cooking the bottom before the rest so it can get nice and crisp! Ugh, holy yum! If you're like me and have hated homemade pizza all your life, follow that recipe step by step, and you will no longer be in hater-land. It has changed my LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment